- The Appetizer, Butter Poached Lobster Tail Shooters, features Canadian cold water lobster tails, butter poached and divided into thirds. We garnish it with a chive-Meyer lemon oil and frisee. Very elegant and rich, it sets a great tone for an entrée such as our steak special.
- The Steak is a CAB New York cut with a Bleu Cheese Fromage sauce, fried onion straws and wilted broccoli rabe, charbroiled so tender you can almost cut it with a fork.
- If it’s fish you want, our January Fresh Catch is just what you are looking for. I’m getting fresh Steelhead from Washington State. The skin is left on and spiced-rubbed with a blend of fennel and coriander, and the dish is served on blood orange balsamic, and frisee with a white balsamic vinaigrette. You won’t be disappointed when you try this one; I guarantee it.
- The Pasta Special (pictured above) is crab ravioli in lobster cream sauce. The sauce derives its flavor from fresh lobster shells.
- Our Salad Special is a warm spinach salad with a Teriyaki chicken thigh, bacon balsamic vinaigrette, mandarin oranges and sliced toasted almonds. This large bowl of salad will easily satisfy your dinner appetite and have you coming back to enjoy it again before the month is over.
- The Dinner Special this month (a true comfort dish!) is house-made chicken pot pie. I’ve filled a giant bowl with light and dark meat and lots of vegetables and topped it off with puff pastry. This dish will warm you right up when you come in from the cold weather.
- And finally, for my Chefs Special this month, I chose house-cut whole chicken breast, stuffed it with a winter blend of dried fruit and pan roasted it to maximize the flavor. We serve this with wild rice, a butter herb sauce and fresh sautéed vegetables.
You really can’t go wrong this month when you order one of these Fresh Menu Dinner Specials. We hope you’ll also visit us on Facebook and Google+ and make sure to check out my Fresh Menu videos on YouTube!
Chef Dale Fowler CEC